Why Sports Massage Therapy?
Sports Massage feels great. Other benefits of the soft tissue work in sports massage may include:
- Speeding up injury repair and being a vital part of rehabilitation
- Preventing injury by showing up early signs of problem areas
- Realigning the muscle fibers
- Encouraging flexibility
- Decreasing muscle cramps
- Preparing and warming the muscles for activity pre-event or training
- Relaxing the muscles post-event
- Symptomatic relief of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).
- Assisting in mental preparation
Don’t Wait To Be Injured
Although sports massage is used to relieve symptoms during acute, post-acute and chronic injury stages and may speed up recovery and help with rehabilitation, don’t wait until you’re injured before you get one.
This type of treatment should be part of any active or sporty person’s training or fitness program.
At the end of the treatment, appropriate rehabilitation exercises will be suggested if needed to aid your recovery further and improve your sports performance.
If you’re a first time marathoner in need of motivation please read this blog I wrote in February 2015 for ideas on how to keep going : http://brightonandhovetherapies.com/10-tips-first-time-marathon-runners/
I regularly work at races and events, giving pre- and post event sports massage treatments to aid performance and recovery. If you are taking part in an event or race make sure you get pre and post event massage when it’s available. I can’t recommend it enough and that’s from personal experience.
Contact Maria Pali, ACMT, Cert MA, ITEC, MSTO Sports Massage
Tel 07789 465941 to arrange a consultation